Copyright © Through a Cracked Lens Photography
PLEASE DO NOT use any of our picturesfor any commercial/non-commercial purposes including but not limited to blogs, manipulation, websites, etc without agreement of and written permission from Through a Cracked Lens Photography. All rights Reserved.

Thursday 5 January 2012

Found

This photo is the very first photo that we shot, that we actually used.  The foot belongs to a family member (who also has a starring role in our photo Escape!) and the Chuck Taylor half-way down the stairs is actually hers. 

This photo was inspired by intense morbidity and total conviction that everytime I walk into a quiet house, I fully expect to find a body.

I can imagine the silence that is like a weight on my shoulders.  The stillness in the air, except for the faint hum of the appliances quietly running in the kitchen.  I would want to call out, to say hello, but I'm nervous that my voice won't be as strong as I need it to be, that my voice will break.  And if I hear that break, that will confirm my fears.  It will acknowledge the panic that is building and creeping up my spine in a slow walk of gooseflesh.

I keep my footsteps soft.  Maybe I will clear my throat.  Even that noise, soft and singular, is too loud, much too loud.  My eyes, open wide and all around white, are darting and moving, checking the corners of every room.  I am looking for what I know I will find, but hoping oh so hard that I won't. 

The hairs on the back of my neck are pulling straight, as I walk around the corner.  My muscles are tight, ready to run.  I trail light fingers along the wall, for balance, for courage, to keep me grounded in the world.  I make it to the base of the stairs and it feels like my head is on a swivel. 

I mount the first step, with heavy feet.  I lift my head and my eyes train upwards, just as the tip of my shoe contacts with something on the 2nd stair.  It take me a minute to connect what I am seeing, to what I knew I was going to find.....


Found
Available in 5x7 and 8x10
$5.00


Anita and Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment